There’s no denying our health is important, we’ve all been guilty of putting it on the back burner at some point in our lives. Whether it be for our families (hi Mom!), a job, or an over-indulgent weekend with friends (girls trip anyone?), it’s easy to forget the importance of our health, physical fitness and mental well-being as we manage the stress and joys of everyday life. In case you’ve found yourself in one of those slumps, we’ve got a great reason to help get you back on track: Wednesday is National Women’s Health & Fitness Day, a nation-wide effort to focus attention on the importance of regular exercise and healthy living for women. It isn’t just about fitness, it’s about healthy lifestyle habits including eating right, exercise, sleep, stress and overall health. If you’re interested in finding something to do that day, check out 6 ways to celebrate women’s fitness day.
- Try a new sport. Ever thought of doing water aerobics or taking a spin class? Local YMCA’s, as well as many others, will be holding special events nationwide. Take this time to try a brand new class.
- Try a new workout. Short on time try a 15-minute kettlebell workout. 15minutes is plenty of time to get in your daily workout. The average kettlebell workout burns up to 20 calories minute!
- Schedule a health check. Book a doctor or nurse for a well-woman checkup and any preventative screenings that might be eligible for your age group. Staying on top of any required tests and health concerns now can save you a lot of stress, time and money in the future.
- Give yourself a beauty day. DIY facial, wrap or mud bath. Today is all about women and self-care. Take time out for yourself.
- Eat healthily. Your body is your temple. Make today the day you tell yourself you’re going to start a healthy lifestyle. A healthy diet can go long ways towards bone health.
- Take a nap. There are numerous studies on the benefits of a restful sleep. Take a nap and reenergize yourself.
How do you plan to Celebrate Women’s Fitness Day?