The original recipe called for Pears, so instead of that I decided to substitute chicken in it’s place. I wanted to make enough for lunch this week.
You may follow the recipe below or you could grab a 2lb pack of chicken breast and thinly slice or tenders.
Cook thoroughly and complete recipe.
Pear, Pomegranate and Spinach Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: About 6 servings
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 3 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Bartlett pears (firm but ripe), cored and sliced
- 9 oz baby spinach
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk all dressing ingredients in a bowl to blend well. Place all salad ingredients in a large salad bowl, drizzle with desired amount of dressing then toss to evenly coat. Serve immediately.
- Recipe source: adapted with some changes from Williams Sonoma