This post originally appeared here on Grits & Grace.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! I can’t believe how fast 2017 is flying by, just like 2016 did.
As parents it can be difficult to get a night out; sometimes we have to resort to creative measures just to get some time alone with one another. Well If you are thinking ahead to Valentine’s Day, and it’s apparent that you won’t be venturing out, try having an in-home date night. Netflix and chill were created for this purpose, right?
Today I am going to bring you a simple soft date night look, using the Vanity Planet palette brush set. Vanity Planet was kind enough to provide me with this amazing brush set to review for you all today!
If you are a beginner or if you are looking for vegan makeup brush set (yes those exist) then this is the perfect palette for you to purchase! The brushes are soft, and I have really enjoyed used them the last few weeks. I have substituted out some of my more expensive brushes, and primarily use this set when I am ready to put on makeup. This set includes the following.
- 1 Roll-Out Case
- 15 Brushes:
1. Kabuki Brush – to apply mineral powder
2. Powder/Blush Brush – to apply powder foundation and blush
3. Flat Top Stippling Brush – to apply light powder or creamy products
4. Angled Contour Brush – for blending and contouring
5. Liquid Foundation Brush – to apply liquid foundation
6. Large Fan Brush – to apply blush, blending, highlights, and for brushing off excess powder
7. Concealer Brush – for concealing a concentrated area
8. Medium Blender – for blending
9. Smudging Brush – to smudge specific area of a smoky eye
10.Crease Shader – for controlled application of shadow on eye creases
11. Large Domed Shader – to shade powders and moisturizer-based products
12. Precision Concealer – to apply concealer to small, targeted areas
13. Rounded Liner Brush – for applying cream eyeliner products
14. Angled Lining Brush – for precise eyeliner application
15. Lip Liner Brush with cap – to apply lip liner for a smooth contour
Now on to the look! For this simple look, I used the following products:
Elf Contour Palette // Mariah x Mac Eyelashes // Elf Matte Lipstick
Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW // Benefit Gimme Brow // Mac Foundation
During this process, my camera battery died (oh joy), but I was able to take a few snapshots with my phone. I loved how I was able to create a soft, subtle look with the Vanity Planet brush kit.
For both looks, I used the same products. I am not one for a dramatic look (and honestly, I tried, but I hated how it looked on me).
My husband loved the soft looks and complimented me by saying he thinks they also make great everyday looks.
If you are looking for amazing quality brushes, I highly recommend the Vanity Planet Palette Brush it. I have been using this set for a few weeks now, I love the quality. I have experienced no shedding with the bristles; which is something I always look out for since I clean my brushes daily.
Great news! If you’re interested in purchasing this brush set, then click here! Be sure to enter the code “gritstograce17” to get 70% off of this brush set!
Have you tried this brush set from Vanity Planet? If so let me know what you think in the comment section below! Be sure to subscribe to our blog for more Mommy Beat looks! Also be sure hop over to our YouTube page where we will start our vlog soon!